Monday, March 23, 2015

Dermatologist

It was February 2015 when  my mom decided to bring me to a dermatologist. i was so relieved. My dermatologist gave me the following:
1.      Dermosone (oral meds)
2.      Clindamycin (oral antibiotic)
3.      Astringent
4.      Acne lotion
5.      Bpo gel and mupirocin ointment ( mix before applying to face) 
6.      Sunscreen (morning)

7.      Anti-hyperpigmentation cream (evening)





3-5 are applied twice every day. First week was heaven, zits and bumps were gone. It was fast. Only acne marks remained. I go back to her clinic once a week for comedone extraction, this is to prevent future break outs. On the second week, I started to get zits again, she gave me doxycyclin in replacement for clindamycin, I took it for two weeks. Third week I started to get more breakouts, the same on the fourth week.on th fifth week, my face was all red and burning. She prescribed me again clindamycin but made it 3 times a day (used to be twice). Everything just stopped working so I decided to goto another dermatologist.


My second doctor asked me to stop everything (those that my first derma gave me). I did not use any face wash during the first week. She prescribed me epiduo gel and papulex oil-free cream, and cold milk compress. Here’s the routine:
1.      Wash face with water only
2.      Cold milk compress (add a tsp of salt)
-          To make this, you’ll need a small basin, cracked ice, 2 glasses of water, salt, and about ¼ glass milk. Mix altogether, get a clean face towel and use it as a compress. You can find this on youtube.
3.      Apply epiduo before bed time
4.      Apply papulex oil-free cream in the morning.

Cold milk compress is used to reduce redness. During the first week, burning and redness was gone but I get more break outs, this is because of epiduo gel.

Epiduo Gel: Epiduo gel contains both adapalene and benzoyl peroxide. You can just google it. Articles about this gel says face “Gets worst before it gets better”. Make sure to apply only a pea-size of this because it burns and may irritate your face. And apply it only once a day.

On my second week, my doctor gave me a new routine:
1.      Tea tree facial wash
2.      Cold salt compress
3.      2% clindamycin lotion
4.      Epiduo gel (evening)
5.      Papulex oil-free cream (morning)

1-3 are used twice a day. I did not see much improvement during the second week but acne started to dry. I am now on my third week and already thinking of taking accutane, tomorrow I will go for a laboratory test to know if I am qualified to use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment